TRAVEL AND CARER GRANTS
AMSI BioInfoSummer offers two types of grants to help students and early career researchers from AMSI member institutions cover the cost of their travel, accommodation, and/or child care fees (key eligibility criteria applies).
AMSI TRAVEL GRANTS
AMSI Travel Grants are funded by AMSI, the Australian Government’s Department of Education and Training, and other event sponsors.
This grant supports undergraduate and postgraduate students from AMSI member institutions to build and extend their skills and professional networks by providing full or partial financial support towards travel to assist them to attend AMSI BioInfoSummer 2018 in Perth.
CHOOSEMATHS Grants are an initiative of the CHOOSEMATHS Project funded by the BHP Billiton Foundation.
This grant supports Australian female mathematical sciences students and early-career researchers from AMSI member institutions to build and extend their skills and professional networks by providing full or partial financial support towards travel and caring responsibilities to assist them to attend AMSI Flagship events.
There is a single application form which covers both the AMSI Travel Grants and CHOOSEMATHS grants.
Before applying for a grant we strongly recommend reading the information on the following pages:
To complete your application the following information is required:
- Applicant information
- Type/s of funding requested (travel/accommodation/caring responsibilities)
- Budget outlining expenses
- Why you want to participate in AMSI BioInfoSummer (max 200 words)
- How participating in AMSI BioInfoSummer will benefit your skills development and career (max 200 words)
- If applicable, a statement providing justification for the funding requested to assist with caring responsibilities (max 200 words)
- Details regarding other funding (max 200 words)
- Other information relevant to your application
- Your current CV (PDF files only)
- A letter of support from your current supervisor, honours coordinator, head of mathematical sciences or manager (PDF files only)
Applications Open: 27 August 2018
Applications Close: 1 October 2018
Notification: 5 October 2018
Acceptance: 10 October 2018
For all grant enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org