Wenna Lee, Murdoch University
AMSI Registration Scholarships are funded by AMSI and Australian BioCommons.
This grant supports undergraduate and postgraduate students to build and extend their skills and professional networks by providing full or partial registration fee funding to participate in AMSI flagship events.
Female, First Nations and regional, rural and remote students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be:
Before applying, read the AMSI Registration Scholarship rules below
1. AMSI Registration Scholarships provide full or partial support for mathematical sciences and cognate discipline students enrolled at an AMSI Member University to participate in AMSI Flagship programs (AMSI Summer School, AMSI Winter School, AMSI BioInfoSummer).
Female, First Nations and regional, rural and remote students are strongly encouraged to apply
2. Applicants must be:
(a) Enrolled in a mathematical sciences or cognate discipline degree at an AMSI Member University
(b) Registered to attend the full program (four days) of AMSI BioInfoSummer
Preference will be given to applicants from mathematics and statistics departments, however, students from cognate disciplines are invited to apply with the support of the AMSI Member representative at your university.
3. Funding is available for:
(a) Registration fees
4. Each applicant can receive at most one AMSI Registration Scholarship or AMSI Travel Grant in any one-year period / 12-month period
5. Applications may be submitted at any time before the Scholarship Application Deadline and will be considered according to the schedule outlined.
6. Applications should consist of the completed application form, including a letter of support from your current supervisor, honours coordinator or head of mathematical sciences clearly stating that they support your application for this scholarship.
To complete your application the following information is required:
7. Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis, taking into account the overall benefit to the applicants. AMSI and/or the Event Director may seek additional advice as required.
8. In applying for an AMSI Registration Scholarship applicants agree:
(a) that their name, photo and/or biography can be published on the event website, and for other AMSI reports and promotional material
(b) to submit a short written report about the event within 30 days of completion of the program to be used in AMSI reports, websites, newsletters and other promotional material. A report template will be provided by AMSI. You can view previous grant recipient reports at rhed.amsi.org.au/grant-recipients/
(c) to complete the post event feedback survey
9. Recipients must participate fully in the program that funding is received for.
10. The AMSI Registration Scholarship is paid on confirmation of full attendance from the AMSI BioInfoSummer Event Director.
The attendee must submit their conference registration tax invoice to AMSI to arrange reimbursement. Reimbursements will be refunded to the credit or debit card used to pay the registration fee.